Create a Ripple Effect

Create a Ripple Effect
Note: I am not affilated with any company or organization mentioned here.

Monday 29 October 2007

If I Had to Recommend One Film and One Book...

The Film:
An Inconvenient Truth

An Inconvenient Truth changed my entire perspective on Global Warming and the environment. I've transformed somehow from a city boy who cares a toss for trees to one who is seriously concerned and determined to get active on the environment. I'm not a nature loving person at all. I'm concerned for the state of the planet and the very real possibility it may become uninhabitable to humans and most other species in the near future. I'm sure the cockroaches will be fine but the rest of us are in trouble. So to that end check out:


www.aninconvienenttruth.co.uk

There will be those who want to split hairs and dispute minor facts in the movie but he's right and the big picture is accurate. In my opinion this is the most important movie ever made.

The Book:
Good News For a Change by David Suzuki and Holly Dressel


This book is incredible. I'm sure there are thousands if not millions of people out there who are concerned about Global Warming and environmental issues but are overwhelmed by the number of problems they are presented with that lack solutions. This book gives hope and inspires by talking about real issues that have been solve and how this has been done. If these strategies work in one place they can work anywhere. It stresses what Gore says at the end of An Inconvient Truth. The answers are out there. They already exist. We just need to implment them. An absolute must read.

No comments: