Create a Ripple Effect

Create a Ripple Effect
Note: I am not affilated with any company or organization mentioned here.

Monday 22 October 2007

Canadians Rejoice! Ethical Banking is Available to You!

I didn't think there was anything similar to Smile in Canada but a brief search has pulled one up!

Citizens Bank is an ethical online bank with similar ethical goals to smile. They've also committed to go Carbon Neutral by 2010 which I don't think Smile has.

I called Citizens Bank and spoke to a lovely customer service agent named Rahima (hope I spelled that right!). I asked a few questions about the information on their website and found out:

1. A $1000.00 overdraft is standard with all accounts (presuming you have at least decent credit I assume).
2. $8 a month gives you unlimited debit card purchases and transactions, free cheques, unlimited monthly payments.
3. If you keep $1000.00 in your account there is no monthly fee.
4. They pay higher interest than most banks and charge lower interest on loans as they're branchless.

I'll do a rate comparison shortly.

If you switch your banking to these ethical companies and more and more people so the same do you think the big banks will notice? Do you think they'll change? Create a ripple effect!

Check out this great post on Sew Green. (The link to the Blog is also on my sidebar)

http://sewgreen.blogspot.com/2007/04/ethical-banking.html

No comments: